Media costs are among the most difficult business metrics to measure and track. Small changes in daypart mix or vendors can result in hidden cost increases. Poor performance in one area can easily be “averaged out” with another area that overperformed.
CORTEX MEDIA CAN AUDIT:
- Performance of media buys vs. plans
- Detailed review by vendor, daypart, quarter/month
- Identification of variances at a granular level, both over and underdelivery
- Performance of current buys vs. previous periods
- Buys are compared on a like-to-like basis
- Measures the impact of media inflation
- Achievement of KPIs agreed with agency
- Performance Related Incentive Program (PRIP) owed to the agency
It is recommended that a Performance Audit be complemented with a Financial Control Audit.